Saturday, February 15, 2014

No more midnight strolls

Oh but why? Because of my little run in with my stalker the other night. It defies all logic, and I find myself having trouble keeping my thoughts together.

.....................................................................................................................................

I sighed to myself as I walked around the city. I knew that doing this was something that others would consider, dangerous. Walking around the streets at midnight was where a lot of main characters met their doom. But this wasn't a novel, or a creepypasta, or a story that counselors would tell their campers for kicks around the campfire. My eyes wandered the dead streets, completely silent, not a single person in sight, and the only lights coming from the moon and the few light posts that still worked; most of the buildings in this part of town were abandoned. I sighed, no this was reality. So there was nothing to fear.

I took strolls like this quite often, and always in this part of town. Sneaking out of the house was easy enough, and I rarely got any sleep so there was nothing better to do. It's a nice place to walk, peaceful, and most importantly as stated before, quiet. It's a perfect place to reflect on various things. Books I had read recently, the students I interacted with during the day, eve- A loud scream pierced the air and I froze. It seemed to be that of a mans, it was short and pained. It had ended abruptly, but it's origin was clear. There was an alley a block ahead of me.

I stood still for a few moments, debating whether I should investigate. Common sense told me to turn and run, but the horror junkie within me told me to check it out. Eventually my inner junkie won out and I made my way forward. I peaked my head out from around the corner, I would regret my decision. There was a man lying in a slowly growing pool of blood, his eyes rolled into the back of his head, his face in a look of complete horror. A cloaked figure was crouching over the man, the figure moved it's arms rapidly, in a motion that was familiar to me. The cloaked figure was....stitching up the man's chest? He stopped abruptly and the figure twisted, standing up straight and looking directly at me, giving me a chance to fully study his, or it's appearance.

I'll just refer to "him" as an it. It stood tall at about 6 feet, dressed in what looked to be the traditional garb, of what was known as in 15/16th century Europe as a "plague doctor". Complete with a long beak-nosed mask, it was white. The only part of the face I could see were the eyes. They looked human, and held curiosity. I was simply frozen, too stunned to move. The figure stepped to the side as a groan rang throughout the alley, coming from the man that could not possibly be alive. Not with the amount of blood he had lost.

Yet, slowly but surely, the formerly thought dead man stood to his feet. The man was shirtless and pale, a long set of stitches running up the center of his chest. He stood with his back hunched and swaying side to side. His eyes though, they were dull, as if the man was truly dead. No, they just looked empty. I snapped out of my daze as the man moved towards me with another groan. I backed out of the alley way, and looked from my left to my right, seeing no one around I began to run to the right only to trip because of my panic. Before I could get up, the man was upon me. He jumped on to me and opened his mouth wide and neared my face, I could smell his putrid breath before a gun shot rang out. The man went stiff as I felt warm liquid cover my face, that I would later realize was blood.

I pushed the man off of me and hurriedly scooted backwards. I glanced up, to see the girl from the other day standing a few yards away, arm raised, a gun in hand. The thing in the "plague doctor" garb walked out of the alley and walked towards me. It walked by the girl, completely ignoring her presence. It was walking towards me muttering to itself. My eyes widened and I desperately tried to crawl away.

It froze though as the girl spoke up, her voice even, as if none of this effected her. "Don't you think that's enough 49?" It turned around and stared at the girl.

It sighed, "I suppose so."

She didn't lower the gun, "You will come peacefully then?" They stared each other for a few moments more before it nodded. It walked past her and continued to walk even as she stayed still, watching me, studying me. She seemed to nod to herself as if coming to a decision. She reached in to her pocket and tossed me something which I caught, it seemed to be a small pill bottle. Orange and clear like that of a prescription. It was about halfway filled with red pills. I looked up at her questioningly but she simply walked away following "49" whatever the hell that means.

I kept the pills. Just in case. Maybe they would be useful.

I'm not sure what any of this means. I have no way of understanding what happened that night. All I do know is that I'm tired and that I'm going to take a long nap.

4 comments:

  1. Is there any labelling on the pills?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds familiar, ask the girl if she's ever heard of 'SCP.' That is, if you ever talk to her again. -- Com. Sam Cartwright

    ReplyDelete